July 07, 2005

Wedding Jitters



I'll be doing a wedding this weekend. I think I'll be the only one more nervous than the bride. Usually things don't make me nervous but there is a unique pressure that goes along with weddings. I really do not like formal settings. I'm a pretty laid back kind of guy (really Todd you're kidding me) so anything as stuffy as a wedding ceremony gives me the hebbie jeebies. The last time I did a wedding I got a few things out of order. I didn't think it was that big of a deal...I had a plan to get things back on track and nobody would ever know the difference...but than I saw the look on the bride's face and I thought she was going to faint on the spot. What is it about a wedding that demands air tight perfection? Usually it is that kind of pressure that leads to disaster...or at least humorous videos. For the bride's sake I hope it will be air tight perfection. If you see a runaway pastor story on CNN this weekend I wasn't kidnapped...I just couldn't take the pressure.

tags: