June 22, 2005

How Not to Get a Good Nights Sleep

Last night I was wiped. I veged on the couch for awhile and before I knew it I was fading fast. Laurie left for the grocery store and on her way out I heard her honk the horn. I glanced out the window to see what she was doing and saw a bunch of high school aged boys in the driveway. I didn't think much of it. It's not that uncommon for some of the neighborhood boys to stop by and say hello or whatever. So I crashed again. That's where I went wrong. Sometime after that I was awakened to a mob of guys walking into my back door and heading straight for me. By the time I knew what was going on one of these boys had his knuckles piercing my ribs so I was so tickled (in a very painful sort of way) that I could not move. As they picked me up and started heading for the back door I had a feeling I knew what was coming. At that point my ribs were in so much pain I was just longing for them to go ahead and get it over with. As I was being thrown into the pool I wondered what was in my pockets. Fortunately nothing. It took what seemed like forever to get back to the surface. It's not easy to swim in socks! All I remember as I began to swim back to the top is, "wow, this won't be funny anymore if I drown." So kudos. You got me. Shame on Laurie for aiding and assisting.

After that event going back to sleep isn't that easy. So I watched the end of the basketball game before I finally crashed for good. 5:00 came very early this morning!