June 30, 2005

War of the Worlds



I went to the War of the Worlds thinking the war was between earth people and aliens. As it turns out it was the story of the war between a dead beat father and his disillusioned son. What a great reminder about what is really important. Even in the context of the complete conquest of earth what really mattered was the strained relationship between a father and his son. Shame on us if we get so busy saving the world we lose our own homes. I know my life is often out of balance. What a great reminder of what my first priority should be.


I Timothy 5:8 sums it up pretty bluntly...

"But those who won't care for their own relatives, especially those living in the same household, have denied what we believe. Such people are worse than unbelievers."






tags: