February 15, 2005

Singleness, Sensitivity & Valentines Day

I guess when you get married at 21 years old some things never occur to you. I never realized until recently the depth of hurt that Valentines day can bring to a single person. Apparently it serves as a reminder that they are indeed...single. Apparently in the same way Christmas is a hard time for those who have lost people they love Valentines is a hard time for those who don't yet have a 'special someone'. So, let me say enjoy your singleness. Being a married person is a wonderful thing and in all honestly, given the choice, I would never go back to singleness. But, I can see that God can use singleness in a person's life. I thank God for the single people I know. Especially the one's who use their singleness for God's glory. I don't think the youth ministry at Northwoods would survive without single people who are willing to use the freedom that goes along with singleness to invest their lives in youth. So a shout out to all of you guys. Thank you for doing what you do and rather than dwelling on being single realizing that this is a season in your life that God has given you and like every gift from God should be given back to Him for His glory.