February 02, 2005

Dehydration...I guess

It began as a great run. I went home for during my lunch hour for a quick run. Well if you are a runner than you know when you are having a good run it is hard to stop. For you non-runner a good run would be one where your body just seems to be in sych. Your legs feel light, your stomach is not churning, you are breathing freely and the weather is perfect. Yesterday all of these came together. So, when I reached the end of my initial goal, which was just a quick run during lunch, I couldn't stop. So I kept going. Before I knew it I within distance of reaching a goal I wanted to reach by next weekend - the 13 mile mark. Why not be ahead of schedule. So I stretched my quick run out to a half marathon. When I finished I still felt pretty good. At first. But then it slowly began to pounce on me. My stomach started doing really weird things and than my head began to hurt. I began feeling pains I had never experienced. So I decided to lay down for a 'few minutes'. Three hours later I was still laying down and wondering if this is my last day on earth. Well, after some rest and a good nights sleepI feel fine today. Other than a lost half-day of work no harm done (I'll make it up don't worry time keepers). Dehydration? I'm not sure what the feels like. Or maybe now I do. Anyway, I can't wait until today at lunch when I can go for a quick run.

P.S. We'll get back to Jacob, Pharaoh & J.D. Drew tomorrow.

tags: