January 20, 2005

Terah Didn't Finish...But he did share the dream

Genesis 11:31 gives the story of a man who went half way. His name was Terah. You may have heard of him. But maybe not. He started out to go to Canaan but only made it half way. I think of a couple of things when I read this...

(1) I don't want to leave anything half done. Since God has given me work to do I want to do it all. I don't want to stop in the middle. Progression is good. Completion is better. I'm hoping God will give me a since of completion at least in some of the things He has for me to do here on earth.

(2) For those things I won't finish while I'm here I hope I can pass the vision along to someone who comes after me. No doubt, part of the way God placed the dream of the promised land in the heart of Abraham was through his father, Terah. Terah didn't finish the journey he started out on but he passed the dream of the promised land along to his son Abraham who completed the mission.

Let's dream big as God gives us visions of His Kingdom on earth. Let's pursue those dreams to their completion and pass along even bigger dreams to those who follow.