January 05, 2005

The Orange Bowl Let Down


First of all before anyone in the state of Oklahoma hits the panic button OU athletic director Joe Castiglione has come out with some reassuring words after last night's Sooner debacle, "We'll sponsor football again next year." So there you have it. No more rumors please.

Now as for the half time show. The half time show was only slightly less disappointing than the game. One rumor has it that Mark Bradley produced the half time show. Actually I can't say much about the live portion. I had a conspiracy freak in my house who gathered everyone around the computer at half time to show us that on 9/11 there really was no airplane flown into the Pentagon. Apparently it was a missile of some sort. I don't know how I become associated with the guys.

The U2 video a waste. U2 on the back of a truck riding around New York City? What could be more boring than that? Maybe Jessica Simpson lip sinking in the back of a truck. But U2 took a close second. As for insights as to the true meaning of, "All Because of You...I Am."... none given. As Bob Stoops is fond of saying, "Maybe next year".
Posted by Hello