January 03, 2005

Routine

I really don't consider myself a structured kind of guy but after two weeks of vacation I find myself longing for a little routine. I actual look forward to a little structure back in my life. The last two weeks have been nice. No alarms. No schedule. Nowhere to be and no particular time to be there. But in a strange sort of way I am looking forward to some normalcy. Maybe God has built that into all of us to some degree. He certainly had a distinct order to His creative and redemptive activity. I guess since we are created in His image we should expect to be most productive when we operate in a similar fashion. I could certainly use a little more productivity in my life. Maybe a little more structure and routine is the key. Maybe this is the year. Or maybe we'll find something more interesting to do and save the routine stuff for another day.