April 25, 2006

I can see clearly now the rain is gone...

Actually I can't see very clearly now but the rain seems to be gone...at least for now. Well, I'm sure everyone who cares - knows - that after getting embarrased by the Gators they came back strong in the first 4 innings of the Georgia Tech series. Before giving up 8 runs in the 5th which led to them loosing 15 to 8. Of course they followed that up by losing twice on Sunday to complete one of the worst runs I've seen since I've been watching Florida State baseball. Speaking of which...I was visiting in the hospital today when someone told me perhaps I was bad luck and shouldn't go to the games anymore and see if that helps them break out of the slump. I've got a better suggestion...how about the 'Noles quit striking out 10+ times per game, hit the ball and quit giving up grand slams! We play Savannah State this weekend so hopefully those are reachable goals. There, now I feel better.

Random things...

Preaching Sunday was surprisingly refreshing. Typically the major stress associated with preaching, at least for me, is deciding what to preach on. Sunday was one of those rare times when I knew exactly what I was preaching on before I was ever asked to preach.

Playing frisbee is funner with Ian on your team. All you need to do is close your eyes and chunk the frisbee in the air. He seems to find a way to track it down and catch it.

4th of July...is on!

Summer is coming too quickly!

You would think being a youth pastor would prepare you to be a youth parent but somethings you just have to experience first hand.