September 23, 2005

One Crazy Night



It began with the largest viewing I have ever been to in my life. There were hundreds of people crammed into Bevis funeral home last night. When it comes time for my viewing I'm sure they'll have it in some back room somewhere. This one consumed the whole building. Here's the funny part. A lady I didn't know came up to me and grabbed my hand and said, 'I'm glad you're here. I don't know anybody.' I thought...mamn I don't think I'm the exception to that.' So anyway, it was neat to see so much love being poured out from so many different people.

So after leaving the viewing I went to meet Laurie at Smoky Bones. That was great. Smoky Bones has the best ribs. Drew is a big fan of the garlic bread but I'm more of a rib man myself. Laurie usually goes chicken. So as we are preparing to pay the bill Laurie's phone rings. Apparently, Josh, who was at Bob's (name has been changed to protect the innocent)house for Bible Study was in some sort of accident. Without knowing any details I left Laurie to pay the bill and I rushed over to the scene. When I arrived I expected to hear that Josh had been skate boarding and fell or some other exciting story. Actually he was just walking and slipped. He landed on the ditch culvert and opened a pretty good gash in his leg. So we ended up in the emergency room to get it stitched up. Josh handled this one a lot better than he did last time. Last time he got stitches I had to physically hold him down. He was two at the time so I'm grateful he's gotten a little better at these things. So another day another six stitches.

For those into gore you check out the wound here...

Gory Wound Not for the queasy