August 15, 2005

Senior Night


Sixth Graders & Seniors - Where Will They Be in Seven Years?

Last night was cool. Not by anything we planned it just so happened that the week the new 6th graders were coming into the ministry was senior night. For those who don't know (apparently including last nights seniors:D )senior night is the night when all our students who have recently graduated from high school share testimonies about how God has worked in their lives and they offer a challenge to the students who remain.

I thought that it was awesome that the new sixth graders got to experience that. This is the first year it has worked out that way but in a sense they got to ride in a time machine and see what their lives may look like in 7 years. Not that they have to become like those seniors but just in the sense that this group of seniors is a group that is completely sold out to what God wants to do with their lives. That's a good goal. If they have arrived in that place seven years from now I'll feel like we've done our job. Maybe the sixth graders are already there :} but maybe not!

Just think...when that group of sixth graders takes their turn on the stage for their senior night many of the seniors that spoke last night will married and deep into whatever it is God has for them. I'm tempted to speculate but I'll resist. On second thought I will...o.k. I won't. I actually wrote out a couple speculations but thought better of it. I'll let Reid get through paying for college & seminary before he starts worrying about paying for that B I G Texas wedding.

tags: