August 04, 2005

Student Life Camp 2005




Student Life Camp was amazing. I kind of put it in the boat of Radooga where words are really inadequate to express the beauty of what God did. Or more accurately, what God has begun to do. I believe this to be a bench mark in the life of our ministry. I believe God has begun a healing process we have been praying for a long time. Unity is the mark of a healthy body. That is something we haven't had for awhile. I now believe God is in the process of restoring that to us. A few hi-lites...

1. Leadership. Our adult and student leaders really stepped up to the plate. Word on the street is that the Family Groups were great and were a hi-lite for many. Thank you guys for a job well done.

2. Loui Gigglio was on his A game. He was obviously listening to God because He spoke what we needed to hear. If I had to sum up everything he said in a sentence it would be, 'It's all about God'. This is one of those rare years when there is more conversation about the content of the preacher's message than the what took place in Late Nite or Celebration. Yea God!

3. Personal decisions and confirmations. I don't want to speak for anyone. I'll let them tell their stories as opportunities come but it's great to see God working in the lives of individuals.

4. Unity. We've all known that unity has been an issue over the last year or so. We just haven't known what to do about it. Now God is beginning to show us all our roles in that disunity and our need to be aggressive in restoring unity to our body. Praise God for what He is doing in this area of our ministry.

I know all of this is a little vague for those who weren't there...but I'm feeling a little vague this morning. I'm sure the details will surface over time. In the meantime just know...God is not done with the Northwoods Youth Ministry!


tags: