April 25, 2005

Moldy Bread & Discerning the Will of God

God is so helpful…if I’ll just ask. But no, I want to figure everything out myself thank you very much. God ways are so good. But no, I want to do it my way. That’s the trap Joshua got himself into in Joshua 3:3-18. This is a great story. It reminds me so much of my life. I want to figure everything out so logically develop a plan that in my mind will work and than execute it. And God is saying, ‘I have something so much better if you’ll just ask me.’ The key verse here is Joshua 9:14, ‘So the Israelite leaders examined their bread, but they did not consult the LORD.’ I want to continue to examine the bread. But I don’t want to move until I consult the LORD.

Lord forgive me for the countless times I examine the bread but don’t consult You.


tags: