April 18, 2005

Weekend Update

Weekends never go as planned. Originally, Laurie and I planned to go to a movie with friends Friday night. Didn’t work out…Josh had a baseball game…which typically I do not miss but his grandmother was going and we planned this movie night before we got the schedule so we decided we’d miss a game. His grandmother would be there to show the love, Drew would be at the church with the youth and we’d have a good time at the movies. Hitch…something happens and grandma can’t go…so we spend the evening watching Josh play. Which was great and we enjoyed every moment of it…just not what we had planned.

I don’t remember much about Saturday afternoon other than being tired…all day long. Not sure why. I had plenty of sleep. Seems like a theme in my life lately. Plenty of sleep…still tired all day. Maybe my growth spurt has finally arrived.

Saturday night I went to, ‘Singing in the Rain’ at Godby High. It was great. Thoroughly entertaining. Shout out to Erin G. (so smooth, made for the part), Meghan B. (she was not the lead on this particular night but even in the secondary role she manages to shine!), Libby W. (hilarious), Kelly A. (she’s got rhythm– glad he didn’t drop you!)

Oh, yea. Now I remember Saturday. I got up way to early to go biking. No wonder I was tired all day.

Sunday am – mission conference. Good. Made it impossible to complain about anything…ever…when you know the sacrifice people are making for the Kingdom. Calyn did a great job putting our skit together…despite what she had to work with I think God blessed it.

Sunday pm – tired again. Not sure why. Played basketball. Scott jammed my finger with his eye. My finger is still a little sore. The TREE drama team did a great job at ROC. There was a mishap which buried some critical lines because of the laughter (not surprising…remember…we are at war!) Ever noticed how babies always start crying during an invitation?!?! Joel spoke about something he knows well…living in community. He did a great job as always. Being around Joel makes me love Jesus more. I need more friends like that. You can hear a portion of his talk here. Sorry we didn’t get the whole thing. Ran out of memory.