March 17, 2005

Blogging - Worth it?

Is blogging worth the effort? We all know and have experienced the down side of blogging - being misunderstood... being ripped up by an anonymous commenter... going days with nothing really interesting to blog about (o.k. for some of us it's may have been more than days). But even with the risks and caution that must be a part of any public expression I believe it is worth it. By every means possible we should be getting the word out that we are a community of people loving God and loving one another and inviting people to become part of a community like that. With that said here's a portion of an e-mail I received from a friend who at least in a small way is reminded of her faith because of the encouragement she is finding in your blogs.

My friend said...
"Often times I'll look at the Northwoods Youth website and read all those kids Blogs online (including yours) and its amazing to me the faith those kids have (not to mention I know a handful of them) and I can not for my life figure out how to get MY faith back. I remember back in the day when I would get excited over a great passage or Bible verse, I just miss it. So much."

So keep blogging. Share your heart and fill the world wide web with words of encouragement that lift up the name of Christ.