March 08, 2005

Speechless

I feel a little speechless today. I guess that's what community is all about. Today's just not my day but rather than feeling down and full of self pity the beauty of being in a community is I can look around and rejoice with those who are rejoicing. So, with that said I want to use this space to rejoice with a couple of people who have had possitive experiences in recent days.

1. Special K - read all about it on her blog.

I can not tell you how refreshing this blog was to me. How often do we hear anybody say, "You know what? I was wrong". I know I don't hear that very often and say it even less. Thanks Special K - that was great. And your right about Alec. He was right on track. I'm sure he got everybody's attention when he said, "here's something you can choose and their's nothing your parents can do about it." I know he had mine.


2. Kayla - You touched on something that is so hard for me to get. When I heard Nasser going there I thought, "great, this is going to hard to take". And it is. We do want it to be all about us. Kayla's comments follow. Read them. They're right on target.

Todd,
This weekend was pretty awesome, I thought I'd let you and some other
people know what I learned. Why does love take us in? Love takes us in not
because we are lovable, not because we need love but simply to glorify the
creator himself. We should do his good works not to win his favor but b/c he has
given us his favor. It really encouraged me when he said every single day, the
one thing that is consistent in his life is his inconsistency. Its one thing to
be foolishly inconsistent but I think he was talking about a perfect image of
consistency, and how even though we can never be perfectly consistent we can
always come back! We should be an extension chord for his mercy and grace that
he has showed us. When we get out our "paint brushes" we shouldn't just paint
over our barns again and again we should help to paint someone elses barn.
Something that I dwelled on was---We should not be becoming to do, we should be doing to become.I have so much given to me, and I need to give his blessings
back to him. I'm a saint!!!!!!!!!!!
Kayla :)



Hope you enjoy these two wonderful young ladies and the wisdom God is showing each of them in such differnet ways.