May 26, 2006

SCORE

Most of my family was watching some karaoke show on FOX Wednesday night so I decided to slip into the other room and see what else was on. I found some baseball game on ESPN. Neither team was from around here but I watched anyway. I think it was New York vs. Boston or some such thing. Anyway, I decided I go ahead and watch. You would be amazed at what you can learn watching baseball. For example...Some man named A-ROD (yes, I know it's an unusual name) came up to bat. From what I could gather he's some superhuman player who excels...except when the game is on the line. So the announcers begin talking about this sports therapist that A-ROD has been seeing to help him excel in clutch situations. Orel Hershiser was one of the announcers. Apparently he used to be one of the guys that throws the ball from the big hill in the middle of the field. He apparently used to visit this same therapist to help him excel so he gave the outline of his program. So if you would like to excel when the pressure is on but don't make the millions of dollars these guys do to go see a guru here is the five point plan.

Self Discipline
Concentration
Optimism
Relaxation (I've heard Zen gardens can help with this one)
Enjoyment


A-Rod Warms Up with Big Papi - Looks Like they have 'enjoyment' down.

tags: tags: tags: tags: