May 24, 2006

Interesting day...


Stanley, my long lost stapler was returned today. He was kidnapped two years ago with demands as ransom for his return. I do not negotiate with terrorists so he was held in captivity for the last two years. Apparently his kidnapper is leaving the country and could no longer care for him. He was returned in good health and with a full load of blue staples. He seems to be fine. I think his captors cared for him well.

On a side note...I received a unique gift today. A Zen garden complete with Buddha head. Now for any of you Opus Dei types out there...I do not condone the worship of Buddha. But I have to admit it's a pretty unique gift.

Buddha does have something in common with Jesus...Nobody really knows what either looked like. So the debate today was whether my Buddha head actually was Buddha or not. Apparently it is. It is the skinny version as opposed to the one most of us are accustomed to.

My BuddhaBig Buddah