February 27, 2006

Pride goes before being an idiot.

I needed to get into the youth boxes today to see if there were any registrations for a weekend event we are doing.  Nobody could find the key so I did the only thing I could…took the screws out and removed the lid off of the box.  Of course one of our more helpful assistants was sitting near by and said, “Todd, did you check to see if there was anything in the box before you took the screws out”.  I thought to myself, ‘of course what do you think I am some sort of idiot’.  Of course I said something much more polite than that.  Than I went over into the other building to check the box there.  Once again I didn’t have a key to the youth box.  So I began to take the screws out.  I had one and a half out before it dawned on me.  Check the box before you remove the screws.  It was empty.