December 07, 2005

My Dream: Becoming Barry Bonds


Literally, it was a dream. No, I do not want to become Barry Bonds but last night in my dream I did. It seems Barry was going back on the DL (that's disabled list, Jenshka) but they wanted to keep it on the DL (that's down low Jenshka) so rather than send him down they brought me up. That's right. The San Francisco Giants called me and asked if I would dress out and be Barry Bonds for a few games. How could I decline? It was a blast. I put on his uniform and headed out to the game. It was hard work being Barry. Fortunately it was in San Fran so the fans actually liked me. No telling what I would have gone through had my contract extended to any road games. I was a little disappointed that I never got in the game but I guess they didn't want to make it too obvious that I wasn't Barry Bonds. Being part of the team, going through warm ups and signing endless autographs was enough excitement for one night. Maybe tonight I'll get in the game.