December 06, 2005

Starting Over is No Fun - but it beats not starting over

After I got done with a 4 mile run Josh says, "Dad, how did you run a 13 mile race when you are so tired after only 4?" "Great question Josh. Now go to bed with no dinner!" The answer is the 13 mile race was last February and I haven't had an event to train for since Red Hills last March.

The truth is since I found out my vacation schedule conflicts with the Red Hills Triathlon this year I haven't really had anything driving me to train. Now I do. I spoke with Bucky and we're shooting for the Tallahassee Marathon in February '07. I'm sure I'll do some smaller races before than to keep me motivated but the Marathon is the goal. Anybody who wants to join us we'll be running together the last Saturday of every month. We'll start with short runs because we're both in the 'starting over mode'. The more the merrier!

Anyway thinking about that reminded me that whenever I get away from doing something I should have been doing all along it is hard to get back into the routine. But getting back into the routine sure beats drifting further away from where we know I should be. Even if it does feel like starting over.

tags: