October 13, 2005

Can Anything Good Come Out of Boston?




The answer of course is...NO. Just kidding. Trott Nixon is something good from Boston. I didn't know much about Trott until two years ago. I watching a playoff game between the Sox and the A's. In the 11th inning Trott, who was injured with a calf strain, came in to pinch hit. He hit a walk off homer and his comments after the game were some of the best post game comments I've ever heard. He described his experience like this,

"I just feel that I'm in the hands of God-that he's holding me right there, letting life go right around me and slowing things down for me. He's given me this ability to throw a ball, catch a ball and to have that passion to win baseball games. I want to glorify Him as much as I possibly can".

I was so impressed with the way he described that experience. A lot of people give the obigatory shout out to 'the man upstairs' but it was obvious to me that Trott has really thought about the role God has played in placing him where he is at. Who knows maybe one day God will bless him and make him a Yankee!

tags: