May 13, 2005

Loose Ends

Today is my semi-annual panic attack day. It usually comes a couple weeks before summer begins and once again right before school starts back up. This is the time when I realize I have so many loose ends on so many various projects that I do one of several things...

1. Cancel everything
2. Kick the cat (or is it the dog?)
3. Turn on the Opera Babes and read a book.
4. Monster.com (just kidding)
5. Delegate. Delegate. Delegate. (Ed, where are you now?)
6. Quit blogging and get to work.

On a side note. I have to completely agree with Mr. Jim We have some amazing people who volunteer in our ministry. It is amazing how many hours go into this thing and it never gets old seeing people give those hours to ministry with enthusiasm and grace. When I'm not in a panic mode I'll share a little more about this but suffice it to say that I am deeply grateful for each volunteer - drama, band, small group leader, camp co-ordinators on down the line who make it possible for the ministry to have variety and give our students a variety of people they can look up to and see first hand what it looks like to following Christ in the 21st century. Shout out to each one of you. You are the best. And Mr. Jim...welcome to the team and be careful about praying for patience. I did that one time on a bus ride. That's a story for another day. Maybe I'll tell when Scott is out of town.