January 01, 2006

Happy New Year...or is it so new?


Well, 2005 pretty much ended in the same irony I lived it all year (I apologize in advance if this does not fit into the precise definition of irony - I don't want to Morissette ya'). Got up...went running with Bucky...set some goals for upcoming races...felt good...felt motivated...felt like setting some new personal bests this year...and than went to the Cunningham's and absolutely pigged out on kielbasa. I didn't intend to pig out but people drifted into the party at different times throughout the night and Kirk felt obligated, as a good host, to eat with each guest as they arrived. Well I felt obligated as a good guest to not put the entire burden on the good host so I decided I'd eat with each new arrival as well. Truth be told the Cunningham's just know how to do kielbasa. I hope you each have a great '06 and that you live and enjoy God's presence (that presence not presents - Santa Day is over - move on!) this year.