September 02, 2005

Pray for Faye

Last night was different. Godby played Gainesville High. Typically before the game there are several players who like to have prayer before they step onto the field. Usually it has something to do with the game. 'Pray for me to focus.' 'Pray for me to remember my assignments.' 'Pray for me to not get injured.' Things that would obviously be on the mind of a football player before he plays a game.

Like I said, last night was different. Kendall is a guy who always likes to pray before the games. He's a great guy and a good friend. He's a senior so I've known him for four years. Last night he didn't want to pray about football. He said, 'Pray for my sister, Faye. She's lost somewhere in the part of Mississippi that is flooded.' Wow. Seeing masses of people that are now homeless is heart breaking and moves all of us. When you are talking to someone who doesn't know if his sister and her family are dead or alive it brings it a little closer to home. I'm not sure how you play football when in your mind you are seeing pictures of your sister on a roof somewhere desperately hoping someone arrives to rescue you and your family. So, if you don't mind join me and let's pray for Faye.

P.S. Not that it even really matters but Kendall had the game of his life last night.

Related blogs: